18. 01. 2016Recording of the debate between Dawkins and Krauss in Olomouc reached 80,000 views
Last year, AFO hosted two of the most prominent scientific minds of our time, the theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss and the evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins. It is no surprise that their debate not just on the importance of science to humankind has since become a memorable event. Its YouTube recording has already been viewed more than 80,000 times.
21. 12. 2015RCPTM, a prestigious research centre becomes a partner of World Competition at AFO 2016
Creator of the best foreign popular scientific film will be awarded the main festival prize in the form of a kaleidoscope and also 50 000 CZK in Olomouc in April 2016.
28. 11. 2015We're headed to Brussels with films and discussions about scientific youth
AFO is screening two popular science films in Belgium and enters the discussion about the need of international experiences for promising young n scientists.
03. 09. 2015Submit your science film for AFO 2016 right now!
The 51st edition of Academia Film Olomouc, one of the biggest European festival of science documentary films and programmes will be held from April 19 to April 24, 2016 in Olomouc, Czech Republic. The festival is organized by the Palacky University in Olomouc.
24. 06. 2015VIDEO: Relive the unrepeatable AFO50 again
90 seconds of breath-taking dance which will take you back to the key events of the 50th edition of the festival Academia Film Olomouc. Starring spontaneous atmosphere of festival events, optimism, inquisitive Richard Dawkins and total fascination with science and discovering of something new. All in the enchanting scenery of Olomouc whose heart beats for popularization of science like nowhere else in Europe every year in April.
22. 06. 2015VIDEO: Derek Muller and the rock which changed the world
Mysterious origins, tremendous potential, terrible options. Watch the trailer to the first part of the expected documentary series Uranium: Twisting the Dragon's Tail. In the main roles are one legendary chemical element and populariser Derek Muller. AFO also contributed to the production of this project.
20. 04. 2015AFO50 was visited by record-breaking 5,800 visitors
Between April 14 – 19, 2015, Olomouc was the stage of the Europe’s largest popular-scientific film festival, AFO 50 (Academia Film Olomouc 50th year). A festival whose organizer is the Palacký University celebrated its 50 years of existence in grand style. Programme of this year’s festival provoked massive interest. A record-breaking number of visitors, 5,800, arrived (compared to last year’s 4,067) along with over 300 domestic and foreign guests.
19. 04. 2015AFO50 Fotogallery
Festival atmosphere by Jan Hromadko & Jan Andreas